Writing Exam Items
$2,500.00 Group Cost
If your institution has an entire team of nurse educators who need additional training on writing effective exams, this is the course it needs. We’ll cover the exam writing process in detail from beginning to end. This is a two-day workshop (6 hours each day). Enrollment is limited to a maximum of 12 attendees per course. Excludes travel costs.
Upon completion of this Workshop, attendees will be able to:
- verbalize the rules of item development.
- explain how item writing can promote critical thinking.
- discuss the levels of Bloom’s taxonomy used when developing test items.
- outline how course objectives are used for test development.
- distinguish how testing and curriculum standards are used when building a test.
- discuss how the use of innovative technology can provide a means to align test items to program outcomes and objectives, NCLEX Client Needs, and national standards such as AACN Essentials and QSEN and NLN End of program Competencies
- explain how the use of a test blueprint will assist in meeting course and program goals.
- discuss test analytics and use of analytics to improve exam writing.
- complete an entire exam of 50 questions
These services are provided through our sister company Health Careers Education Consulting.
This product is available only to nursing schools or nurse educators.
Excludes travel costs.